[Lazarus] codetools tooltip showing method visibility

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 20:42:19 CEST 2009

2009/8/18 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> Combining this with some of your other posts, I'd say you're in dire need of
> a bigger monitor. Laptops are no good for serious development :-)

My daily work gets done on a desktop PC with 1440x900 resolution LCD
display. At least it's much better than CRT monitors. My laptop at
home has a large enough desktop space, but text is tiny. :-)
----------------------------------
screen #0:
  dimensions:    1920x1200 pixels (15.4inch diagonal)
  resolution:    96x96 dots per inch
----------------------------------

The problem is you want all these nice features of the IDE, but you
also want a large enough editor window.

PS:
Have a look at the TtiObject class definition - it is huge. 186 lines
and doesn't even fit on my laptop screen. And the inline comments
(documentation) doesn't help either - one of the big plus points for
any project to move over to fpdoc style (external) class
documentation.

Regards,
  - Graeme -