[Lazarus] IDE editor's NoteBook component problems

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Wed Aug 19 08:31:52 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 13:49:43 Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> If you right-click the tabs, you get a list of available tabs and you can
> switch to the tab you want by selecting it. What more do you need ?
> If I have 100 open files, no matter what the visual control, I will need to
> switch.

I often have more than 100 open files. If somebody is interrested how it is
done in MSEide:
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=165409&ssid=94936

MSEide has the editor tabs on the right. Double clicking on a tab moves it on
the top of the list, drag and drop by mouse is also possible. The with of the
tabs can be changed by mouse drag. Ctrl+E or the popup menu item 'Select
Page' opens a window with alphabetically ordered editor filenames, the size
of the window is variable and stored in project file:
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=165409&ssid=79656

I got no objections from the users up to now so this method seems to be
accepted.

Martin