[Lazarus] Documentation and Help for Lazarus (content)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Aug 22 18:17:54 CEST 2009

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Martin schrieb:
>
>> In that respect (though I do not know how well this would work) part of
>> improving the documentation would probably be that people without the
>> answers (eg you waldo (no offense)) must ask them again. That is when you
>> go to a help age you do so with a specific question in mind. if it isn't
>> answered, then you can ask it.
>
> Perhaps we should have an documentation tracker, where questions can be
> stored by everybody? The questions then can be linked to the existing or
> missing items in the overall documentation, and subsequent answers can become
> the base of the documentation to be added. Likewise links to existing
> (external) documentation or articles can be added to the links of the
> according help topics.
>
> Useful documentation IMO is more a matter of organization or management, than
> of the goodwill to contribute to it.

Strange statement.

Because if no-one contributes, there is nothing to manage ?

Just like managers in a software company are secondary to programmers.
If the programmers don't create, the managers can't sell. They cannot
create, this is sure...

Any economist will tell you that production comes first.
Economists don't often get it right, but in this case they did :-)

Michael.