[Lazarus] TStringGrid Cell drawing

Matt Shaffer dazappa.matt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 00:25:59 CEST 2009

Tomasz Więckowski wrote:
> 2009/8/23 Matt Shaffer <dazappa.matt at gmail.com>:
>
>> Well, I've managed to custom draw cells, but it's a bit rough. Delphi seems
>> to have a TStringGrid.drawcell function, but I couldn't find an equivalent
>> in FPC/Lazarus. Is there one? Or will I be doomed to drawing ugly
>> stringgrids? (Currently just changing font color + background color,
>> following this: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread125428.html# )
>>
>> --
>>

> Did you read grids reference ? -
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Grids_Reference_Page
> StringGrid

I'd just like to say one thing about my last message; although now I
have everything drawing happily, it's very CPU intensive :S.
Source: http://pastebin.com/m78f85f6c
I'm thinking it's because it's running all of that code each time it
repaints? Is there a way to, I don't know, "render" the grid to prevent
so many calculations from being done?