[Lazarus] Complicated stuff: How to interact with a specific shell window?

CubicDesign cubicdesign at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 11:36:48 CEST 2009

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
>> Tomasz Więckowski wrote:
>>> Did you read grids reference ? -
>>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Grids_Reference_Page
>>> StringGrid
>>

>> Why is most of that information and method documentation not in the
>> fpdoc format included with LCL. There are some documentation in the
>> fpdoc format, but the wiki pages seems more extensive. Such information
>> should rather be in the fpdoc LCL (xml documentation) files/format.
>>

> I guess the writer of this article found it easier to write it in the wiki
> and I am
> happy he did, I rather have this in the wiki then remaining just in the head
> of the
> doc writer.
>
>> Lazarus and LCL documentation seems too scattered for me! It makes it
>> near impossible to find anything. And if you do find something, you have
>> no idea if it is actually the most up-to-date information. The Lazarus
>> project as a whole really needs to address this issue.
>
> Any ideas how to accomplish this? Without hiring a dedicated document
> writer/manager?

It should not be too hard to write a small script which extracts the wiki
documentation and formats it as fpDoc topics ? The wiki has very limited
make-up possibilities, after all.

All the documentation manager would have to do is re-order and group the
topics.

I'll see if I can cook something up.

Michael.