[Lazarus] Groupboxes in the IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Wed Aug 26 08:47:33 CEST 2009

Marc Weustink wrote:

> Groupboxes were cluttering the real info, therefore we made a change to
> the bevels. Not all parts are done.

Any objects in creating a custom component which does the dividing
instead of using 100's of TBevel components and lots of advanced Align
settings?

It should be very simple to knock together a simple divider component -
custom drawn and only to be used in the IDE (not available on component
palette).

This is what I meant before by creating custom drawn components, which
are only meant to be used inside the IDE. A more versatile NoteBook
component for the editor is another candidate.

PS:
I have to agree, the Bevel+2xLabel does look less cluttered that
GroupBoxes. An alternative might also have been the Gnome HIG style. One
bold label defining a section. Then the components for that section, but
slightly indented. See attached screenshot for very quick mock-up.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/