[Lazarus] Default uses clause in project unit

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Aug 27 11:52:33 CEST 2009

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Under my Linux machine the: above program takes about 7.5 seconds.
> Uncomment the cthreads unit: 7.5 seconds
> Uncomment the t:=TThread line: 20 seconds.
> fpc 2.2.5 (afair 2.2.4 behaves similar)

// without cthreads in uses clause
$ time ./bench1

real	0m9.971s
user	0m9.969s
sys	0m0.004s

// with cthreads in uses clause - but no TThread usage.
$ time ./bench1

real	0m9.973s
user	0m9.973s
sys	0m0.000s

No on my system having the cthreads unit included by default will make
no difference at all. This is the point I'm trying to make.

I'll move this discussion over to the fpc-users mailing list as see what
they say there.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/