[Lazarus] Release preparations

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sun Aug 30 13:22:44 CEST 2009

> In the last week a dozen bug fixes have been merged to the fixes_0_9_28
> branch to be included in the 0.9.28. Snapshots have been created and I
> have updated the lazarus-testing Ubuntu repository.
> Current 0.9.27 snapshots can be considered a 0.9.28RC2.

I still don't get the logic in version numbering so I may not have the
correct version for testing the next release. I tried build
"Lazarus-0.9.29-21480-fpc-2.3.1-20090830-win32" but experienced a problem:

When compiling I now get a warning that my project(s) do not use the
unit "interfaces" and whether it should be added. I called this unit in
the implementation part of Unit1 (but nowhere else) and it worked ok in
earlier builds so I don't know why it suddenly complains about it.

If I choose to ignore the above warning it compiles just fine but for
one of the 2 tested programs I am getting an error on startup: "Program
could not be initialized correctly (0xc0150002)". It just worked fine
with earlier builds. It seems that this a bug of the current build.

BTW: Recently Andreas Berger added persistent blocks (thanks again for
that) but there are still some flaws with it:

1.) When continuing a previous search the next find is marked as the new
block. That should not happen. Searching should not destroy the block
settings.

2.) Copying a block with Ctrl+K/C works, but moving it with Ctrl+K/V
does not. Nothing happens except that the block is no longer marked
after that key.