[Lazarus] Release preparations

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Sun Aug 30 18:09:04 CEST 2009

Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
>> - with xx being even (24, 26, 28) a released version. the code in
>> this version does not change, a download of 0.9.26 today is the same
>> as 6 month ago
>> - with xx being odd (27, 29) a "working" version. The actual work in
>> process, changes every couple of hours. 0.9.29 is the latest you can
>> get. 0.9.27 is almost fixed, only selected changes are still applied.
>
> Does that mean, that not one "most recent" version exists? Why are
> there multiple "working" versions? Which of these are release
> candidates (or are there multiple too)?
No. The most recent version is always in trunk and it is 0.9.29 version
at moment. But we are preparing 0.9.28 for release (which is still
called 0.9.27 at moment). We don't want to add any risky changes to the
preparing for release version and therefore we've made a special branch
(http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_0_9_28) based on
0.9.27 version into which we are merging only the bug fixes from the
trunk. So we can continue the new feature development in the trunk
(0.9.29) without risk of breaking our preparing 0.9.28 version.

The release candidate is 0.9.27 and we will call it 0.9.28 when we
release it.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.