[Lazarus] Release preparations

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Aug 31 10:44:47 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>
>> - with xx being even (24, 26, 28) a released version. the code in this
>> version does not change, a download of 0.9.26 today is the same as 6
>> month ago
>>

> Regarding your last statement, that is in theory only! A 0.9.26 download
> today is not guaranteed to be the same after 6 months. Minor patch do
> get applied to release versions. I raised my concerns about SVN tags a
> while back, and the strange usage patterns that the Lazarus team uses
> with it. Currently the Lazarus development team do not distinguish
> between Tags and Branches in the repository (abusing a SubVersion flaw).

Seen your other mail with Paul's quote (the svn tree). Also looked at
the content of the SVN.
Yet don't exactly remember the outcme of you older mail (wit the
concerns about tag abuse).

 From what I found in the SVN I  can not see what is wrong?

There is a branch for each release (since 0.9.24) which include the
subsequent fixes.
And there is a Tag for each release. Except not yet for 0.9.28. So ones
0.9.28 is mature I expect it will have a tag.

Only thing I do not know is, if those tags ever get moved, which I think
they shouldn't? (Exception: If a day or 2 after release, for some reason
a re-release (another  critical fix applied) is needed.

Martin