[Lazarus] Release preparations

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Mon Aug 31 11:14:27 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> Martin wrote:
>> And there is a Tag for each release. Except not yet for 0.9.28. So ones
>> 0.9.28 is mature I expect it will have a tag.
>>
>> Only thing I do not know is, if those tags ever get moved, which I think
>> they shouldn't? (Exception: If a day or 2 after release, for some reason
>> a re-release (another  critical fix applied) is needed.
>
> Yes, that was my concern. Many of the tags move (treated like branches)
> and fixes get applied to them. This started happening since the last few
> releases.

I disagree with "the last few releases".

I don't think you can see it for releases tagged in CVS, because the movement of
tags is not kept in CVS history or not converted. I cannot see if tags were moved in
   the time the CVS repo was used.

Anyway the first release based on a SVN repo was lazarus 0.9.10:
http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/tags/lazarus_0_9_10/?root=lazarus
It has at least two commits after the initial tagging: r7901 and r7919.

Vincent