[Lazarus] custom output filename when rebuilding Lazarus IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Tue Dec 1 10:54:17 CET 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 18:25, Phil Hess wrote:

> Yes, all of the non-Windows widgetsets should behave the same with Orpheus.
> If not, then there's probably some difference or issue in the widgetset. I
> say "non-Windows" because with win32 you have access to the full Win API,
> so there are some things that have to be simulated on non-Windows
> platforms.
>
> It's a little odd that with Orpheus, Carbon seems to be the most stable of
> all the non-Windows widgetsets. I would not expect that since it's the
> newest of the 4.
>
> Another package that reveals some widgetset differences is this one:
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/THtmlPort
>
> With THtmlPort, Carbon is actually the most stable, even more stable than
> Windows. GTK2 doesn't run at all and I didn't even bother to test Qt.
> You're welcome to see if you can get it to work on Qt though.

I'll check it today.

> I'm not sure how good a test the IDE is. That's kind of like saying, "Well,
> it worked in the lab, why doesn't work in the field?"

hm..I don't agree with you at all.IDE works ok, our commercial apps works ok
(all ported from K3/D7) + 3rd party components (FastReports, TMS grids
etc...) and we don't have such problems.When you say that something works ok
on Carbon, but crashes under win32 or gtk2 then it doesn't deserve to blame
LCL or widgeset for crashes without exact explanation why it crashes.

zeljko