[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Dec 1 11:26:08 CET 2009

Roberto Padovani wrote:
> When I moved from 0.9.24 to 0.9.26 I had to find again on internet all
> the packages I used to have and reinstall :-(

I install external 3rdParty packages (not included with Lazarus) in a
separate folder from the Lazarus directory. eg:

 /opt/lazarus/              <-- lazarus IDE, LCL, source
 /opt/lazarus-addons/       <-- external addons

That way I can trash, reinstall, upgrade /opt/lazarus/ and my 3rdParty
addons stay untouched.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/