[Lazarus] trouble with packages

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Tue Dec 1 10:51:24 CET 2009

Luca Olivetti wrote:

> I also use this approach, but the problem is you still have to reinstall
> them in the new lazarus starting with a fresh configuration[*],

Nope, my Lazarus is installed in /opt/lazarus/ directory. The
configuration files (which include external packages listing) are stored
in $HOME/.lazarus/ directory.

So even if I upgrade or reinstall Lazarus, it does not touch my
configuration files. I have been working like this for years.

I actually have two icons on my desktop, and both use the --pcp=
parameter with different profile directories.

  Lazarus (stable)     ->  $HOME/.lazarus-stable/
  Lazarus (unstable).  ->  $HOME/.lazarus/

Now only if I could tell Lazarus (Tools > Configure Build Lazarus) what
my desired output filename must be, instead of always defaulting to
'lazarus'

Anybody know if this is possible?

Regards,
  - Graeme -