[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Wed Dec 2 11:28:53 CET 2009

Raistware schrieb:
> Be free to work with the most efficient way you can.
> Break compatiblity whenever you need to create a better ide. Users will
> increase and, eventually some of them will contribute to Lazarus
> development...

This is a dream proven wrong by reality. 10 years ago there were
fpGUI/fpIDE and Lazarus: fpGUI/fpIDE dropped Delphi compatibility for a
better design being dead after 2 years till Graeme revived it two (?)
years ago. Lazarus is now years ahead of fpGUI (fpIDE still being dead)
and I don't see people joining Graeme's efforts.