[Lazarus] finding libmysqlclient

Chris Jennings cjvanbc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:44:46 CET 2009

Hi All

I am new to Lazarus and having a few problems with whatelse seems to be
an excellent development environment. I have past experience with Delphi
and am hoping to be able to use Lazarus for a major upcomming open
source project.

Today I have everything (fpc-2.2.5 / lazarus-0.9.28.2 /
zeos-6.6.5-stable) all working under XP

With Fedora 11 (fpc-2.2.2 / lazarus-0.9.26.2 / zeos-6.6.5-stable) (I am
using slightly older versions that distribute with Fedora because I had
some compilation problems with the latest packages)

when I try to set the connected property for the zeos Zconnected
component to true, I get an error saying that the libmysqlclient.15.so
amd libmysqlclient.so cannot be found. These libs are installed under
/usr/lib64/mysql

I have tied to use the shell path commands to export this PATH and find
no change.

How do I tell either fpc or lazarus or zeos where these libs are? I have
looked at the lazarus environment options and do not see an area to make
this change.

Thanks for any help

Chris