[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Rigel Rig rigel at gbg.bg
Thu Dec 3 13:00:24 CET 2009

 I do not agree with that.
If there is a stable version that is tested on a OS, no problems with installation and detailed installation instructions, all working examples, many questions will be lifted! It is not hard to do, if once a year. Lazarus is already very stable.
For example, when installed Lazarus 0.9.26 on Windows XP I had no probem. Next stable beta had a problem with the installation! From the forum helped me decide.
Under Linux stable beta version of the search old package and did not want to go with a new one. From the forum helped me decide.
These problems should not have them in a stable version. Similarly a large open source projects. Eg openoffice.

Novice users can use the forum. Maillist is usually for advanced users. Therefore, questions will be very small. Not necessarily all developers to answer questions. May determine to 1-2 and turning. Or to make an indoor maillist for developers. Decision can always be found if one wants.

Stable version without problems in instalation and compilation on given components, with a clear exit approximate period of the next stable version will help attract more IT companies, which employ professional programmers. This will be a great advantage.

Rigel

---------