[Lazarus] LCL and DLLs, initializing the widget set safely?

Christian Budde Christian at aixcoustic.com
Tue Dec 8 20:50:48 CET 2009

Hi Marco and all others,

> Without knowledge of LCL's internals, I tried to call those methods
> and functions from the DLL's initialization section, but it didn't
> work. The exception was gone, but the DLL still failed and broke the
> debug information. Could someone with knowledge of the LCL tell if
> it's possible to initialize the widget set in the DLL, and how should
> that be done to be safely?

I encountered the same problems. Going a bit further I even add a bounty
for solving these DLL problems (in fact a bit more than just this). I
even made several bug reports but everything in this regards is always
marked as post 1.2, which is a reason why I probably won't touch lazarus
until it finally reaches 1.0 or this feature has been integrated.

Or maybe we can join forces to solve this problem some day. I already
had a look into the topic and I guess to solve it permanently (not by
making some work around), several changes at LCL level are necessary.
Maybe some others with more knowledge about the LCL can join the team as
well.

Kind regards,

    Christian