[Lazarus] GNU GLOBAL Source Code Tag System

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk sanliturk at ttmail.com
Thu Dec 10 12:29:19 CET 2009

I'm not sure exactly when I started experiencing this, but it's
driving me crazy.

I'm running Lazarus 0.9.28.3 beta (from fixes_0_9_28 branch in svn)
with FPC 2.4.0 (from release_2_4_0 tag in svn) under Ubuntu 9.10 with
the gtk2 widget set.

I run lazarus, and the default project comes up with a blank Form1, etc.

I drop a component, like a TButton or a TEdit onto the form. I click
on the component to select it. It selects correctly. I click and start
to drag the component to move it somewhere else on the form, and
rather than moving the component it just makes the dotted selection
box as if I've clicked on the form behind the component and i'm
dragging to select multiple items.

The end result is I'm only able to move components around my form by
clicking the component and doing ctrl+arrow keys or by manually
setting Top, Left, etc.

I've recorded a video of the phenomenon:

http://stashbox.org/729914/lazcomponentdrag.ogv

Any ideas?

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover
sethdgrover[at]gmail[dot]com