[Lazarus] Pascal and Hibernate - Any one use OPF?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 21:37:39 CET 2009

2009/12/11 Osvaldo Filho <arquivostcf at gmail.com>:
> Any one work with Lazarus with OPF?
> What are you doing?
> What persistence framework?

Been using tiOPF since around 2002-2003. I initially ported tiOPF to
Kylix 3 and then later (4-5 years ago) to Free Pascal.

Initially I also ported the GUI components (object aware components)
in tiOPF to Lazarus LCL. But due to inconsistencies and differences
between GUI frameworks and Form Designers, I halted that effort.
Instead I implemented the Model-GUI-Mediator (MGM) design pattern to
make standard GUI components (no matter which GUI toolkit you use)
"object aware" without having to create descendant / customized
components. A few years later, with help from Michael van Canneyt, we
improved the MGM implementation even more - making it much easier to
use. MGM included with tiOPF now supports VCL, LCL and fpGUI Toolkit.

tiOPF is a very stable and flexible framework with over 1600 unit
tests run daily under Linux and Windows servers. It also supports
32bit and 64bit system. tiOPF has been used in commercial software
since 1999. Work on tiOPF v3 has just started with the main goal of
making it Unicode compatible.

tiOPF might not be the easiest framework to learn, but I guess that's
one side effect you get with power and flexibility. Knowing and
understanding bit about design patterns will be beneficial in learning
tiOPF. Other than that, there are lots of documentation available and
news archives of the last 8 years.

For more information about tiOPF, have a look at its website and join
its newsgroups for any more questions regarding it.

  http://www.tiopf.com

  - Graeme -