[Lazarus] Screenshots with a header

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Tue Dec 15 00:51:53 CET 2009

On tiistai, 15. joulukuuta 2009 00:50:51 JoshyFun wrote:
> Hello Lazarus-List,
> There are some design glitches here and there (IMHO):
>
> 1) Both panels (regular and advanced) must have a fixed separation in
> between (some air).

True. Added a splitter.

> 2) Border of list in quick options is not left and right centered.

Border? Do you mean the texts?

> 3) LCL interface box is not of same height as left box, ans is not top
> aligned. Also the text "LCL interface" should be presented in a
> distinguible fashion as a title, like a different background color
> from left to right extended.

The radiogroup is actually "alClient" aligned meaning it should occupy all the
space there is. This is a radiogroup specific problem.
I want to replace it with a combobox anyway.

> 4) The texts "Options", "Target OS", etc, must have some air in the
> left. Also the bottom checkboxes. Also the texts does not match the
> top of their comboboxes and text edits which produces a serious visual
> conflict.

I moved the texts but I now I experience a same Form Designer problem that I
had earlier. When I try to move the "Options:" label, other controls move with
it. As you can see it is too high and can't be moved separately.
Must do a bug report later.

> 5) "Help" and "Close" buttons must be bigger to allow
> internacionalization.

They are autosized. Made Build and Save Profiles autosized, too. Now Build
looks too narrow.

> 6) Black line below "Profiles", remove or add the same to "Build
> options".

What black line? Are we looking at the same pics?

> Maybe this is very platform specific but the advanced should be in the
> left side and profiles in the right one due the "Close" button.

Uh, I don't know about that.

Updated
http://koti.phnet.fi/juhamann/Lazarus/BuildLazDetails.jpg
with those few changes.