[Lazarus] Do FPC generates old EABI code?

Kjow antispammoni at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 09:23:39 CET 2009

2009/12/15  <darekm at emadar.com>:
> Should be
>   Target OS: Linux for ARMEL
>
> You have to recompile crosscompiller
> Its not EABI (see my descuss with Jonas on fpc-devel)
>
> make crosssinstal OPT="-dFPC_ARMEL" .......

This is the command that I used to make crosscompiler:

sudo make crossinstall CPU_TARGET=arm OS_TARGET=linux
CROSSBINDIR=/home/kjow/lazarus/fpc/binutils/ CROSSOPT="-CaEABI
-dFPC_ARMEL -CfSOFT -gl -O-" INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
COMPILER_OPTIONS="cpufpemu"

However, when I compile from terminal "Hello world" programs (a simple
writeln) it works well and it runs on my phisical arm device:

~/dev/TestARM$ fpc -Tlinux -Parm TestARM.pas
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.5.1 [2009/12/14] for arm
Copyright (c) 1993-2009 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for ARM
Compiling TestARM.pas
Assembling hello
Linking TestARM
4 lines compiled, 0.1 sec

The problems are in Lazarus IDE with the linking of target libs.

Kjow