[Lazarus] Configure "Build Lazarus" was weird but no more...

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Dec 15 11:30:42 CET 2009

On 14 Dec 2009 22:13:28 -0000
Phil Hess <macpgmr at fastermac.net> wrote:

>[...]
> Dimitry also touches on something else to consider, which is the relationship between this dialog and the package build dialog. With most packages, if you look at the compiler options, it will show, for example, "default (win32/win64)". This is misleading if not outright wrong. The only thing that matters is what widgetset is selected on the configure build dialog. So if somebody compiles the LCL with a different widgetset and forgets to set it back to the correct default, the next time the IDE is built from the package dialog it will use the wrong widgetset.

At the moment the LCL is a special package, which is not rebuilt with
the project. This will change when the conditionals a complete. I'm
working on that.
So at the moment the only solution to build the LCL is at command line
or via the build lazarus dialog.

But otherwise the project widgetset is applied. If you set the
widgetset to gtk2 then code navigation will work in the gtk2 interface.

> Also, which "profile" will be used when the IDE is rebuilt from the package dialog?

The "current" selected.

> The "Clean all" and "With packages" boxes have always confused me. Either I don't understand what they do (i.e., non intuitive labels) or else they don't work or don't behave as expected. Maybe you could just either eliminate these or present them with labels that are intuitive.

I already explained them two weeks ago:
"Clean all" is needed when some files were renamed. It cleans more than
the normal files.
"With packages" - create an IDE with/without your installed packages.

> And maybe call it "Build Profiles" to be clear?

Note:
In the dialog you can use such abbreviations. But in the wiki and in
code they should be written in the long version to avoid confusion with
build modes/variables/conditionals. Maybe 'Build Lazarus profiles' or
'Build IDE profiles'.

Mattias