[Lazarus] GTK2 changed to single-handle-per-form design

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Dec 15 20:43:21 CET 2009

Henry Vermaak wrote:
> Gtk says that if widgets need to have hard clipping, they should
> create their own window.  This causes performance issues, though, by
> increasing communication with the x server.
>
> But this is really a non-issue.  I'd argue that clipping is almost
> always bad.  What use is something if you can't see it?

by the same token, what use is something if you can't read it because some other
things have stomped all over each others and piled up in an unreadable mess?

> I've just
> gone through most of the ubuntu preferences dialogs and not one of
> them clips anything.  What's more is that they react to font sizes,
> theme changes and translation correctly.

so all the buttons change their sizes when the font is increased or decreased?
how about the entire pane they are in? does it also expand and contract based on
the font size? ;)