[Lazarus] Issue 15351 - Screen.Cursor from a TGroupBox fails (GTK2)

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Wed Dec 16 15:38:43 CET 2009

Alexsander Rosa wrote:
> I'm looking for a solution for this, it seems the actual cursor change
> occurs here:
>
> *$LAZHOME/lcl/interfaces/gtk/gtkwinapi.inc (function
> TGtkWidgetSet.SetCursor)*
>
> Am I correct?
yes
> The function SetCursor() has a few internal functions.
> Why is there both a SetGlobalCursor() and a ResetGlobalCursor()?
> SetGlobalCursor() seems to be more straightforward than
> ResetGlobalCursor().
> In theory we could always use SetGlobalCursor(), even when it's the
> default, right?
no. different controls have different cursors. and not always default.
SetGlobalCursor stores previos cursor in the widget and resets it on
ResetGlobalCursor
> Maybe there's some extra stuff that need to be done when the cursor is
> crDefault?
>
> If this code is correct, maybe the problem (assuming there's a
> problem) is in TGroupBox.
> Maybe it's not being visited in that traversing loop at
> ResetGlobalCursor() for some reason.
yes, there is some code in the private classes which needs to be adopted
for groupbox.

> PS: Should I add this to the bug report as a note?
No need to add. I know what's happening but as usual fixing requires at
least some free time to test.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.