[Lazarus] Anchor editor + themes

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Fri Dec 18 14:06:20 CET 2009

On perjantai, 18. joulukuuta 2009 14:22:33 Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> > I suggest removing the set of booleans from object inspector's anchors
> > and instead have a button there which opens the anchor editor. (A button
> > like Listbox.Items has).
>
> ?
> Anchors has this button since the anchor editor exists.

Uhh, I missed that one also somehow. Ok.

> > Is themed color such as clWindowText and clCaptionText?
>
> Yes
>
> > And fixed color is like clMaroon which I used for text, or how?
>
> Yes

I guess your point is to use colors below clNone in the color listbox.
... but there are no nice colors there, just black, white and grey (and very
few others).

Anyway, this is not important now. I am more curious about the fate of my
patch. I am ready to tweak it more if it has chance to be included in Lazarus.
If not, then something else should be done to the build dialog. It is just not
good GUI design now.

Who decides? I understood that nobody saw any fundamental problem with my
Build Profiles, disagreements were about the GUI.

Regards,
Juha