[Lazarus] Build Profiles

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Dec 18 16:17:24 CET 2009

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:42:30 +0200
Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Juha Manninen wrote:
>[...]
> > The configurable Build Profiles would solve that.
>
> Sorry, I did not follow the complete message thread. When you say "build
> profiles", do you mean only for Lazarus IDE rebuilding, or do you mean
> build profiles for our projects?

Only for the IDE.

> I'm wishing for the latter - like MSEide has. That way I can quickly
> rebuild my projects as release builds, debug builds, extra optimization,
> maybe even cross-compile options etc... This would be a pretty awesome
> addition to Lazarus IDE.

I'm working on build modes, build conditionals and build variables for
projects+packages.
One of the goals is to make the LCL a normal package.
When this is achieved, you don't need to use the build lazarus dialog
to cross compile the LCL any longer. You can simply set the
project TargetOS and TargetCPU and the IDE will automatically cross
compile the LCL if needed.

Mattias