[Lazarus] GTK2 changed to single-handle-per-form design

Alexsander Rosa alexsander.rosa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 17:28:38 CET 2009

Here in Brazil we've been always metric but we use "inches" sometimes. For
example: most TV sets, computer monitors, diskettes (obsolete), water pipes
(specially smaller sizes), surf boards and automobile wheels still are
measured in inches. The conversion is easy: 1 in = 2.54 cm, 1 feet = 12
inches. My notebook has a 15" monitor; my first Intel PC had 5 1/4" diskette
drives. As a teenage I had a 5'11" surf board. My car has 17" wheels.

2009/12/18 Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com>

> 2009/12/18 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
> > John wrote:
> >> this century!  (Not sure why we still mostly refer to monitors in inches
> >> when Australia has been "metrified" for decades.)
> >
> > It's those f****n Americans. :-) I think they are one of the last
> countries
> > in the world (read stubborn) that are still stuck with inches, miles, lbs
> > etc... Oh God, and UK is still referencing weight in stones - that must
> be
> > even worse! :-D
>
> Haha, I still struggle with those.  I need to tattoo the conversion
> rates into my arm or something.
>
> Henry
>
> --

Atenciosamente,
Alexsander da Rosa
Linux User #113925

"Extremismo na defesa da liberdade não é defeito.
Moderação na busca por justiça não é virtude."
-- Barry Goldwater