[Lazarus] csOpaque seems to be broken in 0.9.29

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Dec 22 16:07:12 CET 2009

Zitat von Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:

> Paul Ishenin wrote:
>>>
>> csOpaque is a hint which component gives to lcl whether it fully draws
>> itself or not. It does not mean that component should be drawn
>> transparently.
>

> To be fair, I did try and find help on csOpaque, but there was none. I then
> searched the LCL and found the following code with comment. I assumed from
> that, that csOpaque means the component will be transparent.

csOpaque:
- the control is treated as transparent
- but it does not make a control transparent

csOpaque is used by the LCL when clipping and mouse clicks.

Most LCL controls are not transparent and there is no flag to make
them transparent.

You can create transparent controls even TWinControls with childs, but
afaik nobody has yet created such a widget. And I guess you can only
get limited transparency. The easiest is to just paint the parent
background.

Mattias