[Lazarus] csOpaque seems to be broken in 0.9.29

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 16:26:05 CET 2009

Mattias Gärtner wrote:

> csOpaque:
> - the control is treated as transparent
> - but it does not make a control transparent

This makes no sense.  :-)  It's told to be transparent but isn't really
transparent because it still paints the background with clBtnFace.

csOpaque is then probably not the best chosen name for what LCL uses it for.

> get limited transparency. The easiest is to just paint the parent
> background.

True, and this is what I do in fpGUI too.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/