[Lazarus] lNet UDP and the send-function

John vd Waeter john at jvdw.nl
Wed Dec 23 17:55:02 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

>> Moreover it can't work for TWinControl which has a window
>> - HWND or GdkWindow since that windows are not transparent.
>
> So how else would you create a transparent container component in LCL?

Some time ago I already suggested to introduce a new container or layout
layer, between TControl and TWinControl. This TLayoutControl class could
implement all kind of layout managers, e.g. anchor and tree docking
(layout wise); the drag-dock support still could be reserved for
windowed controls, depending on the widgetset constraints.

DoDi