[Lazarus] Exception hidden ?

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 01:59:18 CET 2009

Hello Lazarus-List,

Friday, December 25, 2009, 12:07:46 AM, you wrote:

B> Just run the program from commandline (in Windows uncheck Win32 GUI
B> application in Project -> Compiler Options -> Linking, or put
B> {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} at top of your .lpr file)

But my program is not a console application. It does not show any kind
of error (stdout does not exists, I'm on windows).

B> The unhandled exception is handled by the deafult exception handler,
B> which (I guess) at that point in time, is not the exception handler
B> that you expect (the fancy one showing the message with option
B> Continue/Terminate).
B> I think it all has to do with at what time which exceptionhandler is
B> initialised.

It takes me one hour to find the initialization section that raises
the exception (third party units). Also in GDB it shows something
like:

Program terminated with error code 1303

i'm not sure about the number, as I'm not in a computer with Lazarus.

I expect some kind of "visible" error, with a possible backtrace to
catch where the application crashes.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun