[Lazarus] Lazarus documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:38:28 CET 2009

2009/12/28 Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>:
> Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
>
>>> The search is done by the chmviewer or eventually directly in the xml
>>> files.
>>
>> What do you mean by search is done by chmviewer?  What, chmviewer
>> searches for .chm file in the various package and component
>> directories?
>
> That would be feasable, since the IDE (package manager) maintains a list of
> all available packages.

But how does chmviewer know when to search directories and when not
too? For example, if I open ref.chm (FPC language reference doc) I
don't want the chmviewer to go searching in other directories - that
will just low it down even more.

Unless chmviewer is explicitly meant (and tied too) the Lazarus
project and is only meant to be used with Lazarus - which I think is a
very bad idea by the way.

  - Graeme -