[Lazarus] Lazarus documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 10:15:25 CET 2009

2009/12/29 Paul Ishenin <ip at kmiac.ru>:

>> * I compiled the lhelp project
>
> Lazarus should do this itself.

It did not. It simply said (when I pressed F1) that it couldn't find
the lhelp executable.

>> * I recompiled the iDE with the -dUseCHMHelp compiler define
>
> Open ide.inc and just uncomment it. This is only supposed to work for
> 0.9.29. Therefore don't try this is you have lower version.

I am. I'm using v0.9.29 r23241 from 23 December at the moment.  I
added '-dUseCHMHelp' in the 'Tools > Configure build lazarus >
Advanced > options) location. That should do the same thing - I always
build the IDE from inside the IDE.

> Try with LCL units first.

I just did and it gives the same error message. Pressed F1 will the
cursor was over the Controls unit.  Even worse, when the cursor is
over the Menu unit and I press F1, the whole IDE crashes and closes
without giving any error message. No idea why it's trying to open
something in the /tmp directory in the first place. I have setup the
CHM directory location to /opt/fpc_docs/chm/

  - Graeme -