[Lazarus] Lazarus documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 13:11:23 CET 2009

2009/12/29 Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>:
>> Unless chmviewer is explicitly meant (and tied too) the Lazarus
>> project and is only meant to be used with Lazarus - which I think is a
>> very bad idea by the way.
>
> Explain.

Unlike Windows, there is no default CHM viewer for Linux. So if lhelp
is a CHM viewer, why can't we use it for other CHM (non Lazarus
related) files. Otherwise Linux users would have to install two CHM
viewers - one for Lazarus CHM files and another for any other WINE
projects that have CHM files. If that is the case, if lhelp doesn't
support other CHM files, then I will simply use a CHM viewer like
GnoCHM (or any of the others) than do support any CHM files and ignore
lhelp.  Why use two separate viewers to view the same CHM file format?

  - Graeme -