[Lazarus] Lazarus documentation

Andrew Haines AndrewD207 at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 17:19:25 CET 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> I just did and it gives the same error message. Pressed F1 will the
> cursor was over the Controls unit.  Even worse, when the cursor is
> over the Menu unit and I press F1, the whole IDE crashes and closes
> without giving any error message. No idea why it's trying to open
> something in the /tmp directory in the first place. I have setup the
> CHM directory location to /opt/fpc_docs/chm/

The SimpleIPC unit that lhelp uses for IPC creates a named pipe in tmp
that corresponds to the the HelpLabel option. Try setting the HelpLabel
value to something. I think that it uses a default and lazhelp and
lazhelpclient see if there are similarly named files in /tmp/ and delete
them and try again.

Or as I said set your own name and it will use that instead.

Regards,

Andrew