[Lazarus] Zipfiles using Paszlib...

Reenen Laurie rlaurie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 21:04:40 CET 2009

My needs are pretty simple...

I want something that will combine X files into 1 file, and then later read
any 1 of those X file back into either a TImage (Jpg etc.) or into a
TStringlist.

I don't have many restrictions... My files won't likely be more than 500kb,
and typically won't contain 30 files (or even 10).

So if someone has a "virtual file system" somewhere available, then that'll
work too.  I am a little pushed for time, and if someone can point me to
someplace where this is done I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Regards,
-Reenen

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM, JoshyFun <joshyfun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Graeme,
>
> Monday, February 9, 2009, 3:04:33 PM, you wrote:
>
> GG> http://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html
>
> GG> Delphi / Free Pascal link is at the bottom of that page. Please note I
> GG> haven't used it myself, but plan on doing so during this year.
>
> Thank you but this one only handles the LZMA compression/decompression
> but nothing to deal with the 7zip file format, anyway the handling of
> the file format is much more easy for sure than the coding of the LZMA
> algorithm.
>
> I'll try to write a 7zip file parser for my virtual file system and
> the LZMA will handle the decompression in almost all cases,
> compression will be the second step ;)
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  JoshyFun