[Lazarus] Zipfiles using Paszlib...

Reenen Laurie rlaurie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 21:21:00 CET 2009

Thank you all for all the great responses!  I greatly appreciate it, and I'm
glad to see that there is several options I can try.

I am/was using a program called TZipFile.  I don't know if it's the same
thing.  I found it on the wiki.

For me creating a /new/ zip file failed on files that were bigger than
64kb.  I was so far unable to determine the exact cause of this, but it has
caused me to start looking for alternatives.

I've downloaded now the File System that Joshy Fun sent, and it's quite
imposing, but looks like it has potential...

I'll also have a look at some of the other suggestions mentioned.  (libtar,
TZipper, etc).

Thanks!

Regards,
-Reenen

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/2/9 Reenen Laurie <rlaurie at gmail.com>:
> > My needs are pretty simple...
>
> That's what we all say. :-)
>

> > So if someone has a "virtual file system" somewhere available, then
> that'll
> > work too.  I am a little pushed for time, and if someone can point me to
> > someplace where this is done I'd greatly appreciate it.
>
> You could also try TZipFile located in the following SVN repository.
> It doesn't contain compression yet, but does place files and folders
> inside a .zip archive. It has file handling routines, so it feels like
> you are working with normal files in a directory, but they are
> actually inside a zip archive.
>
> https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/modelbuilder/src/trunk/mcl/zipfile
>
> Later in the year I want to extend TZipFile with compression (if it
> doesn't already have) and use it as our custom help file format for
> our company applications.
>

> Regards,
>  - Graeme -

o__