[Lazarus] Lazarus/FPC version const

Guionardo Furlan guionardo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 19:08:17 CET 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> 2009/2/16 Vincent Snijders <vincent.snijders at gmail.com>:
> > I have a feeling something got lost in the translation from Portuguese
> > to English or from English to Dutch in the next paragraph, because I
> > don't understand your point.
>
> Basically he said he was very disappointed by the Linux Lazarus 0.9.26
>
> He probably installed the Gtk 1. Yes, gtk 1 does look like crap. But
> it's very near it's grave now.

Well,

To old-time linux/unix users such as myself, it does not "look like crap".
GTK 1 was revolutionary in its days. The GTK1 target is maybe not the most
flashy one by current standards, but it does its job, requires WAY less
resources than GTK 2 and is a hell of a lot faster.

For this reason I still use it daily.

> Gtk 2 is already the standard, so 0.9.28 should have a much better default look.
>
> And the possibility of using Lazarus in Linux with LGPL-Qt 4.5 will
> give a huge jump in quality.

Why is that ? Is Qt so much better than GTK ?

Michael.