[Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.26, 0.9.26.1, 0.9.26.2, 0.9.27 ou 0.9.28? (Silvio Clécio)

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 11:32:34 CET 2009

> Why is that ? Is Qt so much better than GTK ?

In this part I was not talking about appearance, but as to quality
(amount of bugs) and easiness to developed. So, from the programmers
side, yes Qt is much better then Gtk. Comparing Qt to Gtk (from the
developer perspective) is like comparing a horse car with pieces
falling to a mustang.

It probably sounds exagerated, but it's really not, because I have
developed large parts of the Qt interface and also have gone many,
many hours trying to improve the Gtk interface (althougth I
acomplished very little in the Gtk part).

When developing the Qt interface, things get done in minutes. Some 2
minutes to implement windows shaped by region in Qt. In Gtk? I don't
even want to try it!!! It will sure go over hours, hit dozens of bugs,
etc, etc

Anyway, that was my personal experience.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho