[Lazarus] StringGrid.Options: goSmoothScroll vs goThumbTracking

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:12:51 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

>> goSmoothScrolling - scrolls pixels at a time, not columns/rows.
>> goThumbTracking - gives you a like preview of the contents as you move
>> the scrollbar.
>>

> Has Delphi goThumbTracking and what is it the default value there?

Yes, and it's not a default option in .Options property.  Saying that,
Delphi doesn't have goSmoothScrolling option.  I only have Delphi 7.

Either way, with the available options in Lazarus (and some not being
available in Delphi), I still think it's more logical to enable both
options as I suggested. With the current default values,
goSmoothScrolling makes no sense and has no affect.

Regards,
  - Graeme -