[Lazarus] Wiki pages suggestion - feature comparison

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:44:04 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:25 PM, theo <xpde at theo.ch> wrote:

> Why are you constantly trying to convince Delphi people to switch to
> Lazarus, even in the Embarcadero Forums?

I'm not telling them to dump Delphi. As I stated over and over - a bit
of competition is great!  In the newsgroup, I was simply stating that
other developers could target a whole new market for there products.
Windows is NOT the only market out there. Plus markets like Linux are
not nearly as saturated as the Windows market. Linux doesn't have
100's of  different CD Writing software, 1000's of different
Accounting packages etc...  Targeting multiple markets has worked
wonders for our company and I would like to share the experience with
other like-minded developers.  When Borland started talking about
Kylix, it planted the seed that there are other markets. Just because
Borland ran Kylix into the ground, doesn't mean developers can't
continue with the idea of supporting multiple OS's. Free Pascal and
Lazarus gives you that choice.  In the end, YOU choose the best tool
for the job.

> It's important for the Pascal Language that CodeGear is selling products.

Don't blame me for Borland and now CoadGear doing badly with Delphi.
If they stopped kissing Microsoft's ass and concentrated on there own
ideas, they would still have had a brilliant product. Trying to create
a Visual Studio clone is not going to get them far - as they noticed!!

Just look at Trolltech. Not limiting themselves to one platform and
embracing new ideas and innovating the whole time, they ended up
having a brilliant product called Qt.

If you don't like what I have to say - STOP READING MY REPLIES.

Regards,
  - Graeme -