[Lazarus] Wiki pages suggestion - feature comparison

Reenen Laurie rlaurie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 14:44:48 CET 2009

I really like the current editor (*really like it*), and don't really find
any slowness (except when the variables methods gets displayed, and even
then... it's pretty responsive)

But it could be that there is some lingering bug on the specific widgetset?
For me, on linux and windows it works great, and makes my life much easier
than scintilla would.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Andreas Berger
<Andreas at thebergerclan.org>wrote:

> > I can not work efficiently with Lazarus, due to two problems with the
> > editor (LazSynEdit): it can become dead slow, needing seconds of
> > computation for a single key stroke, and it doesn't support multiple
> > edit windows. This is why I want to contribute to these issues, starting
> > with a working docking manager for multiple edit and explorer windows.
> >
> > DoDi
> >
> I also do not like LazSynEdit. If I had the time I would like to replace
> it with an editor based on scintilla (www.scintilla.org).

o__
,_.>/ _
...speed is good