[Lazarus] some workarounds [Re: Debugger problems]

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Sun Feb 22 15:05:17 CET 2009

Agreed.

Not to mention that it makes development about 50 times faster to have a
good debugger. About a third of code typing needed with all the extra
log file or console messages (finding a bug with log files is a PITA...).
With a good debugger one can go backward and forward in the code while
debugging, change variable values, re-run parts of code, optimize the
source code after seeing the disassembly view, etc. All been done more
than a decade ago in Delphi.
Without a similar debugger it is not RAD (Rapid Application Development)
no matter what people say.

There should be more focus on developing a proper debugger for
FPC/Lazarus, I agree.