[Lazarus] New Features for source editor

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 08:00:34 CET 2009

2009/2/23 Lucas codedeep <codedeep at hotmail.com>:

> -Autocompletion in real-time (no type Ctrl+Space)
>
> -When type "begin", add "end;"

I did not watch the YouTube videos, but real-time auto-completion is
already possible with Lazarus IDE. You simply need to enable it using
your preferred method.

Add the following to your lazarus.dci file. Type "begin" and press
ENTER, and the "end" will be added and the cursor indented to the
correct position. To set this up via Lazarus IDE, go to: "Environment
| Code Templates". I have built up a huge collection for myself over
the years and also use the Macro feature which is very handy.

--------------[ lazarus.dci ]------------------
[begin | begin..end pair in realtime]
$(AttributesStart)
AutoOnLineBreak=true