[Lazarus] LCL gtk2 form resize bug

Alexander Kaupp aka tanila tanila at tanila.de
Mon Feb 23 15:10:01 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

>> There are rare cases where I actually find the need to use a debugger,
>> when you learn how to work with log files.
>
> In an event driven application a log file is of little use.

I disagree. All my applications, except for three CGI apps, are GUI
and event driven. Due to the state of debugger support in FPC/Lazarus,
I have to use console output or log files. That's the only way I can
reliably debug my programs. Writing unit tests as I do for our work
projects, at least narrows down the location of the bug, but it cases
like fpGUI Toolkit itself where there are no unit tests, it takes a
bit more work and time.

But I do agree with ABorka... having a fully working debugger greatly
increases development time.

Regards,
  - Graeme -