[Lazarus] GUI frontend to a console application

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:23:33 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Martin Friebe <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

> It will be similar (probably easier) if the command line app is *not*
> interactive.

The console apps we want to wrap works similar to the SubVersion (svn)
command line client. Execute with certain parameters and read back the
results, which must be displayed in a GUI form via various components.

Some console apps which we will be writing ourselves will output %
progress, which we would like to represent with a TProgressBar. The
reason we want both console and a GUI wrapper is so that we can
script/automate the console app, but also allow the user to run it
manually via a easier to use GUI frontend.

Regards,
  - Graeme -