[Lazarus] Rebuild LCL from within IDE on Linux

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 23:59:14 CET 2009

> What effect did you expect?
>
>  Joost.

I expected it to work the same as on Win32 (WinME in my case). You
patch something in the LCL, rebuild the LCL from within the IDE and
voila, the patches you wrote are now working (for better or worse).

I ended up doing a make clean all (as root), which then did what I expected.
(I was a bit afraid that that might somehow screw things up ( I'm
fairly new to Linux), so I first tried something I experienced to be
safe on Win32).

So now I've applied a patch to my LCL on linux and this works.
However doing make clean all built a slightly different IDE (some
component tabs missing that I normally do not use anyway).
What make command should I apply to build the IDE with packages like
they come in the binaries (rpm's or win32 executables)?

Bart