[Lazarus] Mac/PPC: AUGraphInitialize

EarMaster - Bent Olsen bent at earmaster.com
Tue Jan 6 19:19:29 CET 2009

Op maandag 05-01-2009 om 17:59 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Gabor
Boros:
> Under test case creation indentified the Append problem.
> I used Edit; after Append; and when removed the Edit; the record
> inserted properly to the  DataSet.

Ok, that was a bug for all datasets. It's fixed in trunk now. The
behaviour was consistent with the Delphi help: if Edit is called, first
all changes are posted of when modified is false, cancelled.

So if you call Edit after Append, the Append is cancelled, and
thereafter the prior record is edited.

But when the state of the dataset is dsEdit or dsInsert, Edit should do
nothing. Also not posting/cancelling the record.

Thanks for the example.

> Below example works.
> But if put the MemDataset to the form set name to DSet add a field with
> the object inspector set name to NAME, set type to ftString and size to
> 20. Remove the first 2 lines after begin (.Create and .FieldDefs.Addd)
> the result (dset.txt) contains only the header. With dynamic creation
> the file contains the 2 records.

My guess is that you also have to remove CreateTable? I'll look into it.

Joost.