[Lazarus] ARM-WinCE does not complie from the IDE (+ a few question)

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 09:38:27 CET 2009

> 1. Am I supposed to build the ARM-WinCE units from the IDE? (This did not
> work before)

This always worked.

> 2. If yes, I guess not everything needs to compiled  or WinCE. Which options
> should be included?

It's documented in the wiki:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Windows_CE_Interface#Using_the_snapshot_add-on_installer

If you want to rebuild LCL yourself then you need to add the operating
system wince and architecture arm in the Build Lazarus dialog. You
need to use the advanced tab for that.

> 3. Currently I am using FPC 2.2.2. Is this the currently recommended FPC
> version for WinCE. If not, I would a appreciate a link to the proper SVN FPC
> repository.

Yes, 2.2.2 is the recommend version.

> 4. Are the suggestions for preparing Lazarus for WinCE manually still valid
> on the Lazarus website? I remember there was some confusion between two
> senior developers of Lazarus (or maybe FPC ) about where the compiled units
> should be  placed. Has this been settled by now?

That was only for manually setting up the interface. Use should use
the add-on installer, unless there is a very good reasion to avoid it.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho